The JLab Go AIR wireless earbuds offer great sound quality and Bluetooth connectivity in a compact and affordable package. However, some users have reported problems getting the right Go AIR earbud to charge properly. Read on for troubleshooting tips to get your right JLab Go AIR earbud charging again.
An Overview of the JLab Go AIR True Wireless Earbuds
The JLab Go AIR earbuds feature an over-ear hook design for a secure fit during activities. With Bluetooth 5.0, they connect seamlessly to smartphones, tablets, and laptops. The earbuds provide up to 5 hours of playtime and the charging case offers an additional 20+ hours.
The Frustrating “JLab Go Air Right Earbud Not Charging” Issue
Despite the convenient charging case, some Go AIR owners report issues with charging the right earbud. While the left earbud charges as expected, the right does not take charge in the case. This leaves you with a single working earbud.
Thankfully, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resuscitate your right Go AIR earbud.
What Typically Causes the Charging Failure
Most charging issues stem from a poor connection between the earbud and case contacts.
Battery problems, firmware bugs, and other glitches can also prevent the earbud from charging. Finding and addressing the specific cause is key.
Effective Troubleshooting and Quick Fixes
Before seeking a replacement or warranty service, try these troubleshooting fixes:
- Ensure the charging case itself has ample charge. Try charging it for at least an hour using the included USB cable.
- Check that both earbuds make a proper connection with the charging pins inside the case.
- Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton bud to gently clean the charging contacts on both the case and the misbehaving earbud.
- Reset both earbuds per JLab’s instructions and reconnect them.
- Update the earbuds to the latest firmware via the JLab Go AIR app. This resolves certain bugs.
- As a last resort before contacting JLab support, check the battery health using a third-party testing app. If the battery capacity drops below 70%, replacing the battery should help.
By methodically trying each solution, you should see your stubborn right Go AIR earbud start charging as expected.
Keep Your Earbuds Going Strong
To avoid a repeat charging issue, be mindful how you handle and charge your earbuds:
- Use the official JLab USB cable and wall adapter for charging. Avoid third-party chargers.
- Make sure both earbuds snap securely into place in the charging case. The charging status LED on the case confirms connectivity.
- Charge the earbuds fully before storing them for an extended period.
By taking some basic precautions, your JLabs Go AIR earbuds will deliver outstanding performance for years of wireless listening enjoyment.
Other Options to Explore
If you still struggle to get a charge after trying the troubleshooting guide, don’t immediately discard your Go AIR earbuds. You have options:
- JLab offers a two year warranty with dedicated USA support. Contact them about sending in just the right earbud for service.
- Buy a single replacement JLab Go AIR right earbud if available. Some colors and styles might be discontinued however.
- Test out third-party charging cases and cables that are compatible with the Go AIR’s micro USB port. Anker makes reliable products to try.
While finicky charging can be annoying, a bit of patience and targeted troubleshooting will have your JLab Go AIR earbuds working like new again. Just stay calm and work through the potential fixes until you see success.