There are countless gamers around the world dreaming about making money from their hobby. Well, you don’t have to dream anymore. In case you’re ready to earn money by playing video games online, read on.
Join A Streaming Platform
Streaming gameplay is not new but a proven and recommended way to earn as a gamer. However, it won’t be quick – you’ll have to invest enough time and effort to grow an audience on Twitch. There are a few ways you can make money on the platform:
- Paid subscriptions. Once you become a Twitch Partner or Affiliate, you can incorporate paid subscriptions into your earning approach. For most streamers, this is one of the biggest sources of income. Note down that Twitch keeps 50% of the sum, though.
- The same applies to receiving bits. After you partner with Twitch, your subscribers can send money through the platform’s virtual currency – bits. Along with bits, supporters send “cheers,” individual messages in the chat. As a streamer, you can read them aloud and give your fan a shout-out.
- You can also run ads on your stream as a Twitch Partner or Affiliate. Although it’s a good side income for streamers, it’s not recommended to overwhelm your videos. Most viewers don’t enjoy any advertisements.
- In addition to bits, your fans can also donate to you through PayPal. This is a perfect way to earn income if you still haven’t partnered with Twitch. A PayPal donation button can easily be added to your channel description. Then, you’ll receive a 100% of your donations, not just 50% with Twitch’s cut.
- Affiliate marketing and sponsorships. You can also partner with brands and platforms to become an affiliate marketer. You’ll receive unique links and codes to provide your fans with. You receive a commission when the audience members purchase products through your link.
- Twitch creators with growing communities can also come out with various merchandise. Be it cups with your logo or subtle designs on clothes. Merch should be high-quality and well-made. Avoid bulk ordering T-shirts from AliExpress or any unethical production.
Become A YouTube Creator
We’ve seen many YouTube creators hit big. Gamers like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, and others managed to go viral. It seems easy at first. Yet, the active competition makes growing your audience on video platforms challenging.
If you put enough effort and create videos because you enjoy them, however, you’ll find your audience fairly quickly. Making money on YouTube is quite similar to Twitch. So, donations, partnerships, affiliate marketing, and merchandise will become your source of income. Apart from your PC or console setup, you’ll need the following:
- screen-recording software;
- a digital camera;
- lighting set.
When you just start, don’t focus on the popular game titles. Instead, think of the format and approach you’re planning to take. Furthermore, join a few gaming circles to find help and brainstorm successful ideas.
Side Hustles For Gamers
In case you’re not ready to earn by playing video games full-time, there’s still a great selection of part-time hustles for gamers.
Sharing Internet Bandwidth
All gamers have an incredible internet connection. How can you play with your friends online otherwise? However, not everyone uses up all their internet bandwidth, even gamers, especially if the data plan is uncapped. Thanks to services like the Honeygain application, you can sell some excess bandwidth for a nice commission. You’ll also help businesses to get ahold of unbiased and uncensored internet.
Video Game Tutoring
Given you’re good at gaming, competitions are not your only way to stash your pockets with cash. You could also work as a gaming tutor with flexible hours. Join freelance platforms like Fiverr and begin advertising your services to gaming circles on the net. Your selection of games should be based on popular games that appear in the competitive scene.
Another way to earn while gaming is by testing upcoming games for glitches and inaccuracies. After playing the game, you’ll provide the companies and developers with a report. There, you’ll evaluate the game’s usability and functionality.
Partake In Online Competitions
Of course, good gamers can also compete online and win cash prizes. In some cases, cash prizes are pretty big, too. For example, games like LoL, PUBG, The Land of Heroes, and others have up to $45 million prize pools. That’s enough to retire after university.
Don’t forget that those E-sport tournaments are extremely competitive. No time and effort guarantee you’ll come out as a winner. Sometimes, it’s just a case of insane talent and luck. So, consider taking up smaller, more local challenges first. Save some money to pay an entry cost if needed.
Earning by gaming full-time is a challenging path. Yet, you can earn a living, find friends and garner a loving audience while doing what you love. Doesn’t that sound like a dream?